With the launch of self-sign up earlier this year, thousands of top brands and manufacturers have already begun using Google Manufacturer Center to enhance their product’s images, descriptions, and variants in Shopping ads. Today, we’re excited to announce new ways to help brands — both in the US and abroad — manage their data more easily and provide a more consistent brand experience on Google and across the web.
Manufacturer Center expands to more countries
To help brands abroad, we’ve expanded availability for Manufacturer Center to the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, France, Brazil, and the Netherlands. Now, brands with products sold in these markets can use Manufacturer Center to best represent their products to shoppers, access unique analytics and insights, and improve the performance of Shopping ads featuring their products.
Increase opportunities to highlight your products’ best features and benefits
Shoppers are constantly looking for information, trying to ensure the product they ultimately choose is the perfect fit for their needs. Information from Manufacturer Center now appears in Google Knowledge Panels in the US, highlighting core product features to shoppers at key decision-making stages. With descriptions, images, features, and more directly supplied by you, the manufacturer, shoppers will be better informed and feel more confident choosing your branded products.
Manage product information programmatically with the Manufacturer Center API
We know that manually uploading, editing, deleting, and distributing product data can make it difficult to keep up with a brand’s ever-changing product assortment, and using feeds may not offer the desired level of control. With the launch of the Manufacturer Center API, brands (or their 3rd party data partners) can streamline product data updates in the following ways:
- Add new products directly to Manufacturer Center.
- Update existing products in Manufacturer Center with the most current product data.
- Delete products from an existing Manufacturer Center account.
- Monitor data quality and review product data errors to optimize a brand’s presence on Google.
- Surface Google’s product data feedback in external data management tools.
- Streamline product data updates and syndication to Google by creating custom workflows compliant with data management policies and procedures.
To get started with the Manufacturer Center API, check out the Developer’s Guide and Portal article here.
Source: Official Google Webmasters Blog