Do you like making personalized gifts for family and friends? Do you ever think about going into business for yourself? If you are creative person and enjoy making gifts for loved ones, read on.
I recently purchased a heat press to gift the people in my life with something they could treasure for a long time. A handmade gift always tugs at the heartstrings. It makes the statement that the receiver is important enough to the giver to spend valuable time making a gift they hope will be loved.
What types of gifts can be made using a heat press?
Is someone you know having a baby soon? Will a birthday or anniversary celebration be coming up?
Consider these ideas.
- Baby bags, tote bags, cosmetic bags, handbags
- Wooden plaques or farmhouse-type signs
- Pillowcases — either for the bedroom or a throw pillow for the living room
- Mugs and cups
- Clothing items — T-shirts, sweatshirts, children’s and baby clothes
- And much more….
Custom-made Baby Onesies
I have started a tradition. Whenever someone I know has a baby, they get a custom baby onesie. I just purchase plain baby onesies in bulk and have them on hand for when they are needed.
DIY Cushions, Throw Pillows and Pillowcases
Create your own cushions and throw pillows. No longer are you limited by what you can find in the stores or online. If you enjoy theme decorating and have difficulty locating just the right pillow or cushion, make your own with a heat press.
Decorating a nursery becomes much easier when using a heat press. Anyone would love to get a handmade baby gift like this. Who knows, it could become an heirloom to be handed down to future generations.
It is very easy to find blank pillowcases in all sizes, shapes, and colors.
Personalized Tank Tops and T-Shirts
I have made dozens of t-shirts with my heat press for gifts for friends and family. They look terrific when done and are very easy to make. It can be more complicated when working with different colors, but the finished product is worth the effort.
These would make a great shower or wedding gift. Using sublimation transfer and heat, they can be applied to ceramic coasters. It is a great way to give a personalized gift to a bride and groom.
Slice Tool Project
You can use different tools and features available with your cutting machine, which is a separate purchase from the heat press. A slice tool means you can cut one design element out of another. For example, cut a name into a heart design.
Layered Heat Transfer Vinyl
This is a terrific way to make a unique t-shirt. Layering vinyl adds more dimension and complexity to a design, making it look so much neater. It will impress the person who receives it.
Totes are a great gift idea you can make with a press. Another idea for a baby or wedding shower, personalize the tote and fill it with appropriate things for a baby or a new bride. I guarantee it will be a hit.
You can press on all different sorts of materials, including cork. Heat transfer vinyl allows the vinyl to adhere better to the material. Adhesive vinyl works too, but heat transfer vinyl lasts longer and won’t curl around the edges.
You cannot go wrong when gifting a personalized mug. They make the perfect Christmas, birthday, or any occasion gift. A mug would also be a terrific gift for a bride and groom.
Now that you have ideas of what to make with a heat press, let’s discuss the machine itself.
The MPress Heat Press Transfer Machine 15″ x 15″
It is durable, easy to use, and makes it simple for you to create the perfect gift or start a new business!
It is an entry-level machine allowing you to transfer your own printed images with heat transfer paper, your own vinyl heat transfer, and your rhinestone transfer. With this press, you can customize anything — mousepads, ceramic tiles, coasters, linens, clothing, anything you want.
The heat press works great in commercial and domestic settings both and can perform any size job with durability. The “strong handle” design allows for sturdy and easy operation. When pressed down, it has industrial strength, pressure, and even temperature to the surface, which guarantees the transfer to remain on the garment for a long time.
It not only is easy to operate but offers professional results. Any gift you make using the press will make a lasting impression.
Here are some features of the heat press.
- Heat plate with non-stick coating prevents scorching or burn marks and offers even pressure.
- Consistent temperature guaranteed with a sturdy heating board equipped with a range of heat coils.
- Easy to operate, with an open and close “strong handle” with a spring-loaded assist.
- Adjustable pressure knob, full range.
- Time control and digital temperature.
- Heat-resistant silicone pad, able to handle high temperatures.
Specifications of the heat press:
- Heat Platen Size: 15″ X 15″ with a Non-Stick Coated Heat Platen
- Heat Press Style: Clamshell shape
- Temperature Range: From 0 to 400 °F
- Time Control: From 0-999 Second
- Power: 1400 Watts
- Voltage: 110V, standard US and Canada
- Shipping Weight: 64 pounds
Forever Digital Transfer Applications Technology
You can now produce self-weeding transfers in metallic, white, or neon colors without a special toner or cutting and weeding. With the new and innovative material, weeding of the flex foils is no longer needed. This system offers the chance of fast production cost-effectively without the need for an expensive plotter or printing system.
- No weeding or cutting
- Low substrate application temperatures of 212 °F-320 °F or 100-160 °C
- Allows printing on almost all fabrics & hard surfaces, such as nylon, polyester, cotton, blended fabrics, paper, wood, polypropylene.
- Not compatible with Samsung/Xerox laser printers, but perfect for desktop black/white or CMYK, Laser/LED Printers.
- Washable up to 40 °C or 104 °F
- Complex graphics and fine details transferable without problems
- Beneficial time savings
- Impressive design and motive possibilities, such as vintage, used look, fashion, vectors, etc.
- It is available in two sizes, 11” x 17” and 8.5″x 11″
If you enjoy the creative arts and love giving thoughtful and imaginative gifts, perhaps a heat press is an item for you to try. This would also be an excellent idea for families to create gifts for grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other important people in their lives.